market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bug Control?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: <rbfarr AT erols.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bug Control?
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:52:50 -0700

I eat garlic to keep healthy I assume it would keep the bugs healthy too. I
have only had harlequin bugs once in 35 years of growing cabbage. Keeping the
seedlings growing fast and well fertilized seems to be the best preventive...
I found a single well timed spray of pyrethrum will knock them out. Entrust
which is spinosad should work well since its very effective against many
types of beetles. The important thing is to mix any pesticide you apply to
cabbage with a spreader sticker or the pesticide will just run off the
leaves... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.