market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bug Control?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Harlequin Bug Control?
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 23:05:07 -0400

Hi, Marcy!

Yes, Maria Thun is probably THE expert on biodynamic peppers.

The peppers often have dramatic results with insects but I think that they work much slower with larger animals, like deer and coyotes, taking many applications across many years to have an effect.

Insects, though, usually clear within 24 hours of pepper application.

I think this is something that is best discussed off-line, so Rivka and Marcy, feel free to contact me directly: info AT freshandlocalcsa.com.

Thanks Allan in WV

Alan, Are biodynamic peppers the same as what I've read in Maria Thun's book
about the ash process? I was thinking of trying the egg carton process on
the aphids attacking my hoophouse lettuce crop. Not to mention the coyote
hide we got!
Thanks,
Marcy
SE Colo