market-farming - [Market-farming] toobar for Allis G

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] toobar for Allis G
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 22:28:20 -0400

I want to make (well, have hubby make) a double toolbar for my Allis G. I want to be able to use sweeps, disks, and possibly furrowers on it. I plant mostly on 18” centers, but some stuff on 9” centers, hence wanting the double bar for two banks of sweeps. We have the master tool carrier and hand lift. Any advice on whether to use flat stock or diamond stock (what size) for the toolbar? And I would LOVE to find quick connect clamps. I can keep a wrench handy if needed, but it seems there should be clamps with a lever – lift up to release, down to clamp down. Any one know of any reasonable? Was going to get a basket weeder but we have a few too many rocks.

Thank you.

For now I have a pipe clamp on the single flat toolbar that I am using to mark rows. Down one side, back on the other, lay out and fill drip tape, measure the center and mark for the middle row and lay/fill drip tape on those marks. Use the drip tape to straighten out the driving squiggles. Would be better to have all three marked at once. But still, they look better than I’ve managed in the past.

Thank you.

Finally some drizzles. About a half inch. Much needed but the weeds are going to really pop now.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY

Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe