market-farming - [Market-farming] head lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] head lettuce
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 20:59:51 -0400

We have a bumper crop of head lettuce for market this week.  I've never had so much to harvest and prep.  We're planning to harvest directly into wood crates, dip in chilled water briefly, drain, then put in cooler. Am I on the right track here??  (Supposed to have finished this today but we don't have enough harvest crates--and to think I was worried about having enough to harvest way back when....)

Liz
Horseshoe Gardens