market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] HEADS UP! It will soon be illegal to growyourownfood!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT voyager.net>
  • To: Farming Market <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] HEADS UP! It will soon be illegal to growyourownfood!!
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:38:02 -0400

That is the thing about being in a democracy instead of a monarchy or dictatorship-we the people have a say in these bills. Anyone from Ct should contact Ms Delauro and tell her that certain parts of the bill need a re-write so it is clear that small farmers, the organic program and farmers markets are not going to be touched by this bill. This bill will not be going to a vote as it now stands, it will be changed as it goes through committee and discussion. when that starts to happen than it is time to contact all the bill's sponsors and let them know you do not like the wording of this bill and why and what you would like it to say. If enough people do this it will be changed to a form we can deal with.