market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] HEADS UP! It will soon be illegal to growyour ownfood!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mark Abner" <wizard1 AT ctsbroadband.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] HEADS UP! It will soon be illegal to growyour ownfood!!
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:15:57 -0400

Hi Jaime
    Long time no see. Hows things? The wording is a bit conuseing as it referst to other existing rules that arnt clear what they allready say and while it doesnt specifiacly say direct procucers the vaugness of the whole thingis reall all that worries me. When wording is vauge something as simple as washing and bagging greens ( post harvest proccesing ) could under very vauge wording make one a proccessor. I think what the legislation needs is some very specific clarifications on who it does NOT apply to growers and direct to the public sales. Just clear up the wording. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods give a holler some time.

Mark