market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cherry Tomatoes in Hoop Building

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cherry Tomatoes in Hoop Building
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:57:36 -0500

Don't know about in high tunnels, but we have always done a weave on our cherry toms, planted on 24" centers.

With regards to pruning, I am STILL wondering wether one or two leaders. Last year when pruning them, some rows I went for every other one being one and the other plant having two.

Bottom line is I usually go with two leaders cause I want more fruit.

Tom
Near Lake Erie
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market

----- Original Message ----- From: jay sleichter