market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Setting up a Propagation Mat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Setting up a Propagation Mat
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:05:31 -0500

I'd appreciate hearing your experiences and ideas.

Thanks

-Allan in WV
The temp control sensor needs to be where the heating elements are and adjusted from there, if you insulate the mat and have the temp sensor outside you will be asking the mat to run way too hot. I run a drugstore heating pad on an inch of foam, a thermostat probe between the pad and the plant flat with no problem.

Any equipment like that should be on a fire proof surface, well away from
any other flamable material, on connected to a Ground Fault Circuit.

MAsteveINE