market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peppers in High Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peppers in High Tunnels
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:24:34 -0600

From: market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of jay sleichter
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:10 AM
To: Market Farming

Thanks for the info. How tall did your peppers get?  I am planning on using cages and a florida weave system.

Either/or should work.  Ours get well over 4 feet and I've heard of greenhouse peppers getting much taller.  Even at 4 feet, they fall over if not supported.

What varieties/types did you grow?   King Arthur - a nice large bell - has been our best producer so far

I also noticed that you work at a school by your email address.  What do you do at a school.   I am a middle school math teacher, that is why I asked.

Network Admin in a rural school system.

Thanks,

Jay