market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peppers in High Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peppers in High Tunnels
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:23:15 -0500

First indoor peppers were 2008.

I did row pairs 16 apart with plants 16 apart but offset, 48" between pairs.

More fruits than the plants could hold up so I had to add stakes and a rail along each side of the rows.

If fruit is left on the plant and becomes fully red ripe is that a signal to the plant
to shut down, mine quit blooming after the reds showed up.? I had expected them to keep going like tomatoes.

MAsteveINE