market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Why do it II

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Why do it II
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:26:41 -0400

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:09:09 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Here's a guy from Ohio that swears he can grow $90k per acre per year. So
>why is it that the only person to respond with a per acre profit is waaaay
>down in the $5,000/acre range??? Why is it that the typical profit range is
>so low?
>
>http://extension.osu.edu/~news/story-print.php?id=4487

He'll have grad students (aka slaves) to do lots of the work. He'll also
have money available that most small farmers will not have.

If you can grow $90K per acre per year, but it requires ten full-time
workers to do it, it will not be profitable.

Also, he has not actually accomplished that yet, as the article reveals if
you read it carefully.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
We should live in such a way that makes a future possible.'
- Thich Nhat Hanh