market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 07:59:13 -0500

At the surge, we have a
hundred or so pallets with plants on them but I'm not happy, over
all, with how plants on solid surfaces drain. There's a lot of solid
surface on a pallet.

Thank to everyone who made suggestions.
Not in any way saying you are wrong, but for the sake of another thought train:

Huge numbers of bedding flats are grown on concrete ebb and flow floors or solid bottom flood benches, and drainage then becomes a factor of container and soil.

As to my wood slat topped benches I dont think there was a drainage problem, but on some of them I had the board spacing so that 4 1/2 square pots fitted between the boards and hung firmly in place there by the pot rim. This was because my benches and my neighbors Labs tail were the same height and he could sweep several benches clean just saying hello.

MAsteveINE