market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Organically-grown Asparagus?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Barb Miller" <barbmill2 AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organically-grown Asparagus?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 05:14:52 -0400

Not really on topic but something to do with asparagus - We use baled wood shavings for the floor in our brooder and just add to them as the season progresses. In the Fall, I've been emptying it out and using the bedding to mulch beds in the garden. I've discovered that these shavings make a wonderful mulch for asparagus - the shavings pack down and create a barrier that prevents weeds from coming up.

Barb Miller
Tioga County, PA