market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] 100' row value

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] 100' row value
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:21:55 -0500

John - I assume this sort of film was made back in the 30's, which would be fine with me. I admit, though, that it would be excellent fare right now, to re-assert the skill and intelligence that migrant workers bring 'to the table.' For me, just the hand harvesting stuff would be wonderful, but it w.b. nice to have the other stuff otu there as well. Navaho beet thinners: I think my granddad paid them something like $.02 a ROW, but, man, could they go through a field! (I gotta be wrong about that figure...but, probably not!)

-Allan