market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatillo Answers :)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatillo Answers :)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:07:35 -0400

I have grown and used Tomatillos for a few decades.......no market f0r
themclose by-but the family loves them. We prefer the flavor of them in
their green, tart stage for salsa verde and other sauces. They are
anuthuh thing when ripened to yellow - but still good and usable. We
use a combo of greens and yellows when making chili verde. You can use
them in about any recipe that includes green tomatoes. We freeze them
washed and dried off into ziplocks or hard containers. They come out of
the freezer perfect - and incorporate into all dishes tried. I only grow
them every other year these as they are so prolific and keep well.

I am wondering if any of you know of a particular strain of them that
have larger fruits than others?

Thanks - you all are so appreciated!
Toni in KY