market-farming - [Market-farming] Another Farmers' Market Issue - Certified Scales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Another Farmers' Market Issue - Certified Scales
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:13:31 -0500

I'm told if sell produce at the Farmers' Market by weight, we must use a
certified scale. Was then told we could avoid the high cost of certified
scales if we sold by the basket, bunch, bushel, each, etc.... This works
for melons, okra, peas, and the like, but how do you sell things like
squash, since they're all different sizes.

Thanks
Mark (West Texas Zone 7b)