market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: critters/traps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: critters/traps
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:56:22 -0500

The best all-around groundhog, skunk, racoon, possom and cat live trap bait I have found is marshmellows. Buy the big ones, tear off some smaller hunks and lead a trail into the trap, and then toss a whole one in the back.

Tom

Food fight, territory fight. I lost two kitties last year and we finally caught the racoon in a live trap. Dispatched it. The live trap may be your best bet; you'll catch a kitty or a chicken every now and then, but eventually you'll catch the coon. Bait it with cheap canned cat food and set it near melons or corn if you haven't caught them all by the time those crops are ready.
Wendy