market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] unwanted critters; also roads

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] unwanted critters; also roads
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:31:56 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2005 6:11:27 PM Central Standard Time, organic101 AT linkny.com writes:
why would racoons kill cats?
Food fight, territory fight.  I lost two kitties last year and we finally caught the racoon in a live trap.  Dispatched it.  The live trap may be your best bet; you'll catch a kitty or a chicken every now and then, but eventually you'll catch the coon.  Bait it with cheap canned cat food and set it near melons or corn if you haven't caught them all by the time those crops are ready.
Wendy