market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Composting with Microorganisms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Composting with Microorganisms
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:07:06 -0500

Marty,

I have no experience with this company and I have a tendency toward skepticism. Checking out the web site you gave rather reinforced this tendency as I read the host of panaceas claimed by the company. The sonic belt (see below) and the ceramic necklace were the clinchers on my doubts.

This is however just my opinion, I wish I could offer something more substantial.

Joe
Far From the Sea Farm
This is one heck of a belt, but I'll stick with the kind that just holds my pants up.

Back brace designed to relieve stress by converting oxygen free radicals into water. The belt absorbs radical chemicals & radiation, converting them into far-infrared heat, resulting in low-energy electrical ultra-sonic vibrations. These vibrations are similar to acupuncture, acupressure & TENS (Transcutaneous Nerve Stimulation). Also helps to reduce inflammation from athletic injury, ie. tennis elbow, shoulder/ neck pain.
There are two types of sonic belt, the thick belt (40" long) is used for chronic pain and the thin belt (45" long) is used for injuries suffered in acute instances. Both sizes are adjustable with velcro ends.

Choose a different size/type Thin Thick

Retail Price: $31.95 Qty

Can anyone explain the relationship between the anerobic process they
describe and the aerobic process that most composters utalize?

Then there is the compost tea that you bubble air through like crazy to
increase the beneficial microbes. Hmmm???? I think that they claim that if
you spray their product on plants that it will prevent disease too.

Their web site is http://www.scdworld.com

Marty Kraft
Heartland All Species Project
Kansas City, MO