market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: unwanted critters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Jay Gee" <jaygee AT jghelp.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: unwanted critters
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:04:20 -0500

Jay,

Skunks surely are better rodent control, it is just that they will not let me pet them!

Although the racoons are rather cute, they eat way too many grapes, usually two days before I want to harvest.

We cannot bring nine more cats in the house, the three that are here would not take too kindly to that. I wish ' I ' could, my wife is not quite as understanding.

Tom
Limerock Orchards

Tom,

Do a little more research and you may learn that
coons and skunks are better rodent control agents
than your cats will ever be.

Both are also serious insect predators, though
skunks tend to pursue bugs more ravenously
than raccoons.

On the whole the conflict probably exists that
your cats endanger the coon and skunk offspring
and they are watching out for their own territory.

Keep the cats indoors and let Nature take care
of itself.

That's my advice.

jay gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming

Free marketing aids for farmers at:
http://jghelp.com/farming