market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: critters/traps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Margaret L Wilson" <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: critters/traps
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:08:13 -0800

Interesting bait, I will have to try it. My choice of bait is sardines, the
cheapest, smelliest ones that you can find. I do relocate foxes but not
raccoons or possums. Foxes are native here, they are not. Actually my first
choice with foxes is a warning shot right over the head. I want them to stay
out in the pasture and woods and away from my chickens, ducks and geese.

Raccoons are absolutely vicious when cornered. They have an amazing set of
claws on all four feet. They can roll over and disembowel a dog in a few
seconds. I have sheep so I am wanting to get a pair of LGDs, like Great
Pyrenees or Anatolian Shepherds. They will take care of all of your critter
problems as I understand it. I have mountain lions too.
Coyotes are shot on sight with a .223 ranch rifle. They are way over
populated in most areas. Their food of choice is lamb but cats and small
dogs are a close second.

Margaret
comfort the disturbed,,, disturb the comfortable