market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Canopy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Canopy
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:02:45 -0500

Mark,

I'll bet a lot of that heat is coming off the surface you are selling on. Consider getting a rug and putting that down under your tables. the rug not only cuts heat dramatically but is also a big draw for customers. once I even sold a ratty old oriental I used to use for $75 bucks to some woman at a market i used to go to.

I really like our EZ-Up. I believe we have an ExpressII model which cost around $250 from Van Raalt (They are on the web. these prices are from about 5 years ago) I have tried the cheaper EZ Ups and have watched others destroy the cheaper units bought at Sam's Club at various markets. The cheaper units are not very strong and have a crazy support system (and i noticed the Caravan units have the same support system as the cheaper EZUps.

If you are going to be in this line of work as a career than invest in a shelter and don't go cheap here.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH