market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Canopy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Canopy
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 05:13:03 -0600

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 10:08:26PM -0600, TxBeeFarmer wrote:
> I have a 10x10 EZUp and am somewhat disappointed. Oh, it goes up and down
> just fine and is durable, but it's hot. Even though it's white, it's still
> hot. A lady next to me had the same size and it looked just like an EZUp,
> but it was very cool underneath, hers was blue I think. What should I be
> looking for to find one that will block the heat?

Well,..... Mark, you ARE in TEXAS. You're not SUPPOSED to be cool.

It is my perception that white is cooler than colors; I went to extra
trouble and expense to get a white top with green valances rather than
all green on my 10x15. Those "put it together from many pieces"
shelters have "aluminized" covers. I imagine that they ARE cooler,
but I haven't seen that type of material on an EZUp type canopy.
Comments solicited.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Linux system uptime 226 days 18 hours 13 minutes