market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] just for laughs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] just for laughs
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:07:07 -0500

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:49:53 -0500, you wrote:

>You guys are going to hate me, but I have been lucky so far in not having a
>reaction to it. My mom and dad are another story. I worked a couple
>summers for a residential tree surgeon and at one job we had to carry out
>the logs on our shoulders. They were wrapped in the vines with the leaves
>still green. Hot summer day, sweat everywhere, and rough black cherry bark
>scraping poison ivy vines into your neck and I didn't get a single reaction.
>Maybe I was sweating enough to flush it out of my skin.

Be careful nevertheless - that can change.

As a child, I had terrible poison ivy: big huge blisters
all over my arms and legs. I remember blisters covering my
entire hands. It was just horrible, and extremely painful.
The doctor always said he would have hospitalized me, except
that we lived in the country and the nearest hospital was
about 50 miles away.

This happened to me every year, usually in the autumn. I
was told I could get it even if I hadn't touched any poison
ivy: maybe just from petting our dog. Or if someone was
burning leaves and burned poison ivy.

As an adult, I've had a few itchy bumps on my wrists and
arms from poison ivy - that's all - a normal, average
reaction.

Pat
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY