market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Information freely given

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Information freely given
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:01:52 -0500

We seed using the Stella Natura Biodynamic calendar, according to the
cycles of the planets. Peppers are seeded on "Fruit" days.

A "fruit" day preceding the full moon is a big help!

We also first soak the seeds in a solution of 1 tsp. Potassium Nitrate
(Salt Petre) to 1 quart water. This helps to loosen the seed coat and
significantly speeds germination. You can find salt petre at a
pharmacist; you'll have to sign a piece of paper indicating your usage,
as Potassium Nitrate is a regulated chemical.

Robert / everyone - Is this good for all seed? Is there a downside to it? (anyone?) Would it be appropriate to use on the fava beens we are seeding outdoors this week, but wishing we had seeded last fall?

Thanks -Allan