market-farming - [Market-farming] Daylilies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Daylilies
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:57:40 -0500

Regards to the list:

The daylilies are beginning to bloom here. There are tons of buds. I
am planning to harvest the buds for our CSA. I have never cooked these
so I am asking if anyone has a great recipe for deep fried lily buds or
blooms. I have a good beer batter that is good for deep frying other
vegetables. Do you think this would work ok? Are there any particular
preparations that need to be done before one cooks the flowers? What
stage of bloom works best for deep frying?

Thanks.

Marie in Missouri