market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vinegars

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vinegars
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:41:11 -0500

NP Becky.

I was thinking about this today. With rosemary I put in a clean cutting.
It looks grand. I also put in new garlic cloves when I bottle for an
aesthetic effect. I'm sure it helps the vinegar continue to brew.

BTW, I found a wonderful apple cider vinegar that is organic. It makes
excellent herbal vinegar.

I used white wine vinegar for French tarragon and it works nicely for
rosemary as well. Both are excellent with lamb and chicken.

I never added anything to the raspberry vinegar. I thought it looked
beautiful all on its own in a nice bottle.

One other thing. I used a lot of raffia to tie up the necks of my bottles.
It added a nice touch. Sort of rustic and sort of decorative.

Oh, and because I was using recycled bottles... shall I admit this? Ummm,
SOBE bottles with the lizard for my cilantro-chile-garlic vinegar. I
sterilized the caps, and I painted them. Green as the base and then I
carefully painted "Del" in script on the top of the cap. In gold. Great
looking bottles full of little dried chiles, garlics and dried cilantro.
Never had a problem selling them for $4.50 a bottle. What was that? 16 0z?

Good luck to you. I sure miss doing it as a commercial adventure.

Del Williams
Clifton, IL