market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Daylilies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Daylilies
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:57:26 -0400

I have not eaten the blooms but in the spring I cut and eat the
greens-saute them in a bit of butter-tastes a lot like asparagus only
more flowery.

I would prepare the lilly flowers much like squash blossoms. cut them
before they are fully open and coat with seasoned flour and fry in
butter. or stuff them and dip in batter and fry.

The lilies you are speaking of are not the tiger lily, I call them wild
lilies as opposed to the domestic ones I have in all sorts of colors.

These wild lilies are also great as erosion control on banks.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste