market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: vinegar filters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KTCopsey AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: vinegar filters
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:49:04 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/03 10:04:05 PM US Eastern Standard Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

We have tried herb vinegars but find that raspberry and blackberry are the
most popular
at our markets.
What do you find is the best way to filter these? Coffee filters are
suggested but don't work well
for us. Cheesecloth allows to much sediment through.
Any suggestions?

Ron
I use a double layer of ktchen towel in a large plasic sieve.  This may take two attempts to get all the sediment out, but is cheaper than coffe filters which seem to clog up everything.
katy
Living just one cornfield away from civilization

  • [Market-farming] Re: vinegar filters, KTCopsey, 06/19/2003