market-farming - [Market-farming] Stumps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chuck Evans" <mongotrout AT mchsi.com>
  • To: "Market-Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Stumps
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:25:57 -0500

I have many stumps in my otherwise fairly clean fence rows, and they keep
sprouting. I try to keep the new growth broken off, but they just keep on
growing and growing. It's an old fence row, and most the stumps have old
fence wire inside the wood. I really don't want to use a chain saw because
it will tear up the chain. I also have some right up against the old barn.
I was hoping they would just die and rot away at the base and I could knock
them out with an axe and sledge. This would be difficult because of the
fence and barn wall being in the way. Looks like that will take forever.
Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Thanks,

Chuck