market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Stumps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Stumps
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:06:55 -0400

When we took out a row of apples, a friend gave me some 'Tourdon' (not sure
of the spelling), with instructions to mix it with some diesel oil and apply
to the cambium area of the stump. Not one shoot ever appeared. Later cut
down another apple but with nothing applied to it and I have shoots all
over.

Tom Anslow
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market