market-farming - [Market-farming] eggplant-orient charm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] eggplant-orient charm
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:16:26 -0500

We grew both Charm and Express, I just could not remember which was the
light and dark skins. Grew both so you could put the lights next to the
darks and then people were easier to convince that the lights were not a
freak of nature.

When we ate the dark purple, we skinned them. Did eat a few of the light
'neon' ones both with and without skins.

As far as I can remember, we had flea beetle in both of the oriental
varieties, as well as the standards.

Can say that the darks were more prolific, and well out-sized the lights (if
you let them go a bit).

Tom Anslow
Limerock Orchards and Roadside Market