market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] flea beetles vs. eggplants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] flea beetles vs. eggplants
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 02:31:01 -0500

Before field planting eggplant I drench the plant root balls 2" cells with
two ounces of Admire (imidicloprid)per 1000 plants. This controls FB and CPB
also aphids and whitefly for about 6 weeks. By the time it wears off the
plants are three feet tall and FB have no effect on production,after that I
don't apply any pesticide through harvest, natural controls take over. Also
well fertilized and irrigated plants grown as stress free as possible don't
seem to be attacked by insects as badly...Bob.

Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

http://aim.aol.com/aimnew/Aim/register.adp?promos=380455