market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Critique My Website

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Critique My Website
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:48:31 -0800 (PST)

>those ultra slick sites make me suspicious that a farmer is not really
> behind it all and there is some kind of advertising team hired.

I had to throw in my $ 0.02 on this thread.

Research on Internet use and consumer perceptions
by The Pew Internet Project (http://www.pewinternet.org)
revealed that in the early days of the net, people were
somewhat suspicious of ultra slick web sites.

Follow up research showed that attitude has changed
as more people became familiar with the net and
how to browse web sites, plus increased line speeds.

As for having professional advertising help
behind you... that's something to plan for if
increasing your profits is important to you.

More on the slick vs unslick subject in the web
guide.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming