market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Critique My Website

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dcimmarr AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Critique My Website
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:52:53 EST

Lucy,
      When I saw your post, I couldnt resist taking a peek. Let me explain. I am in the middle of a class on web design and html code so now you see my interest......I took a look at your site. I have several comments.... all meant to be helpful. For content..... I'd say you have a great deal of information that covers alot of ground. You must have spent alot of time on it. Very nicely put together with picture and text. All your links did what they were supposed to do and things went great with navigation. As for the cloud background, I found it a bit hard to read the text and that is what I wanted to concentrate on. I know we all like to use background but in this case, I think it detracts from your site. I would have liked to see a "back to top" at the bottom of the first page too. I guess if there was one thing I'd recommend is that maybe download a grammar/spelling program because there are alot of errors. The first one I noticed was on the very first page and I believe in the first paragraph. The punctuation is in the wrong place. It starts a sentence. There are several other area that need this attention to detail. On one page, you will need to go back to html and check your entered code. It shows up on the screen. I don't remember what page that was on because I am supposed to be working on my mid-term....designing a specific presentation but just had to take a break. Overall, I liked your site and think you have alot to offer. Information as well as product. A Good job.

Denise Cimmarrusti
University of Illinois Extension
Master Gardener
Kane County