market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Scratching My Head/praying

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Scratching My Head/praying
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:37:39 -0800 (PST)

David Inglis wrote:

>In the areas I am familiar with the Amish are not struggling with
>failure but with success; they have used up all the available good land
>in their area, then some of them migrate to a new one. This is anecdotal
>of course and I would be interested if anyone knows of studies of the
>Amish.

On the subject of marketing your farm products:

>From what I have read, David's comments are
correct -- the Amish are flourishing.

Part of the reason for their success is the "brand
image" that has grown up around their sect. If
you think of the Amish, you think of family values,
neighborly relations, diligence, and a whole
boatload of other positive associations.

Something to learn from.

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming