market-farming - [Market-farming] ADMIN: NO MORE OT THREADS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ADMIN: NO MORE OT THREADS
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:18:52 -0500

>> Liz could clean it up
> by moderating those folks.

No, I won't moderate. I'm going straight to unsubscribing people because I
don't have the time to referee.....

Listen up. NO MORE WAR, PERSONAL ATTACKS, POLITICAL DEBATE, NAME CALLING,
ANIMAL RIGHTS, WHATEVER DISCUSSIONS THAT ARE NOT FARMING RELATED.

It's gone too far--you haven't policed yourselves very well here, and I've
been tolerant in the past, but enough's enough. If you choose to discuss
anything other than farming related....you'll be booted from the list...and
permanently banned. We have a very short list of permanent bans...only one
person. Please don't add yourself to his despicable company!!!!

If you think I'm being hard here.....I already do more work on this list
than y'all know about, but which I gladly do. I keep viruses off this list,
which we get 3-7 a week--I have to manually remove those posts so they don't
go out to the list. I also bounce email addresses who seek to subscribe
after I've done the research and discover they're spammers--this happens
daily, with 3-4 addresses. I also correspond privately with members to
answer questions, or help in conducting private research, or in going
through the archives (which I still haven't finished compiling). I also
handle normal requests to subscribe, bounced messages (which means I have to
get up somehow with those people who's mailboxes are too full...or their
isp's are freaking because they think this list is a spammer), and then
there's the very rare unsubscribe request. I'm not complaining. I do this
because I think this list is an valuable resource, one I need and use.

I usually choose NOT to moderate, but the latest off-topic threads are too
much. We've only had one person to unsubscribe since this latest off-topic
thread started (and fwiw, this is someone who frequently subs & unsubs which
means I have to approve her subscription, add her to the list, send her a
"welcome" letter" updating list links, archives, etc, and then when she goes
off on a whim & pouts, I mean unsubscribe, I have to do the process in
reverse--this happens frequently--next time she'll get banned because this
ain't Burger King.) Anyway, I don't know 'bout you folk, but spring has
sprung here--much sooner than I anticipated, and I sure don't have time to
wade through all this garbage.

Let's get back to work, and keep it on-topic.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.marketfarming.com (offline for a few days)