market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: The off topic debate for those who recieve bundled email

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: The off topic debate for those who recieve bundled email
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 06:34:23 -0600

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 07:35:11PM -0800, Paul Bucciaglia wrote:

> Re the suggestion to hit the delete key for OT messages:
> I have a laptop vintage 1995 on a modem line, so given my slow computer the
> best way for me to subscribe to this list is via the 'bundled' email digest
> a couple times a day. I can't just hit the 'delete' key for OT messages.
> Also, for someone with an old computer hitting the delete key on 15 or so
> OT messages a day takes a long time, and thats no horse hockey. Either way
> makes it less desirable to stay subscribed to this list if what they wanted
> was discussion on market farming/ag related topics.
> Paul Bucciaglia
> Fort Hill Farm, New Milford, CT

Paul, I certainly agree with you. Have you noticed that 90% of the
problem comes from only three or four posters? Liz could clean it up
by moderating those folks.

Since those folks don't take hints or respond to requests, all we can
do is make on topic posts. Or un-subscribe.

We're eager for spring here. Some potatoes came up a couple of weeks
ago, but got frozen back. Same with asparagus. Onions are looking
good, we have pulled a few green ones. We're at about the peak of our
spinach season, maybe 5-6 weeks left. I have tomatoes transplants
waiting to go out, will probably put out the first ones today. I need
to get ready to plant beans. And corn.

--
Willie Time for a Kurdish state?
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html