market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Aerator for Iron Oxide Removal?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Aerator for Iron Oxide Removal?
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:46:48 -0800 (PST)

Rick Hopkins wrote in part:

>If someone can add in a time factor to this discussion, it would assist in
>determining some capacity requirements.

At the southern terminus of the Los Angeles Aqueduct, the LADWP
has just such a washboard aerator. As a child, it fascinated me
each time we drove past it because it resembles a cool river
rapids. White water the entire distance.

This device aerates millions of gallons per hour but I would guess
the time the water travels through the aerator at about one minute,
based on its length and the apparent speed of the water. The device
is about 400' long at a 45 degree angle.

HTH,

Jay Gee
not a farmer - but interested in farming