market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Aerator for Iron Oxide Removal?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ray Menke <rndmenke AT lockhart.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Aerator for Iron Oxide Removal?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:00:38 -0600

Rick H. wrote:
> equipment and operating costs. An compressed air supply and a diffuser made
> from PVC pipe will suffice.
>
> Maximum aeration can be attained by pumping the water above a medium that
> will allow the water to break into a mist as it falls or to cascade the
> water down a surface such as a wash board design.

I have one pond that was dug around 1925 that is fed from my neighbor's
barnyard, and another neighbors septic tank run-off. It is completely
plugged with green and yellow algae and water weeds. Once I flooded my
blackberry patch with this pond water and we all got sick..probably from
E-Coli. (Maybe I could raise alligators?) Anyway, I bookmarked a website
that offers an air-pumping windmill that can be used to aerate ponds.
http://www.bowjon.net/features.htm
I just checked it, and they have a single cylinder compressor as well
as a V-Twin compressor...
FWIW,

--
Ray Menke