market-farming - Re: farm website survey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lucy Goodman" <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: farm website survey
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 06:18:11 -0500

> For those of you with websites:
> How long has your site been online?

About 4 years

> Can you attribute new customers directly to the site?

yes especially in the past 18 months. nearly all of my CSA members for 2002
came from the website

> How do you utilize the site?

It is mostly informational. I have info about organics, sustainable farming,
pastured poultry, info about our farm, Info about our
CSA, Farm Photos, loads of links.

> What changes would you make now if you could redesign it?

I would make it more commercial, add features that would allow ordering and
on line payment. Currently I use the Free Angelfire
server (which is overall a good deal) and I want to eventually change to a
paid server that will give me my own domaine and allow for
selling to happen via my web site. But I am way too cheap to pay for
something when there is a free alternative.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Looking For Local Food? Check Out