market-farming - Re: boots

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: boots
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:47:13 -0500

Well, Paul's answer would be different, but for me, the natural footwear is
best - I go barefoot as long as the temperatures allow. Mud sticks less and
is easier to wash off bare feet - and I've never had athlete's foot. When
the temps get too cool (and when we're working the cattle), I wear boots.
That's one of the best things about our winter growing - the tunnels are
warm enough for bare feet even in the winter.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm