market-farming - re: boots

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re: boots
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:57:54 -0400

Here's some info on the boot thang (as we say in the south).

Others have already said to prevent by rotating shoe use daily, wearing
natural
fiber socks and/or liners, or barefoot or sandals (the best). Good advice.

OK, most of us already have it because we wear heavy or rubber boots all day.
My
father taught me something he learned many years ago- dust some baking soda
into
your boots twice a week. It not only helps cure athletes foot, it stops the
mud
room from smelling like 28 wet possums live there.

For selection of shoes and boots, I buy light, comfortable shoes at a thrift
store
($1/pair) for light work and high quality used boots at a used shoe store
($10-15/pair). Sure these only last a season, but I don't have much invested.
The main thing I look for is comfort.

--
Alex McGregor
Walden Farm