market-farming - Re: boots

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "SisterSoap" <sisoap AT gwtc.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: boots
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 07:20:31 -0600

Poor Liz. My husband goes rounds with athlete's foot. I think the trick is
keeping the feet dry and fungus free. He never goes barefoot, never never
wears sandels, wouldn't be caught dead without his boots! It was a
challange.

I had him soak his feet everynight (and during the day if possible) in a
warm pan of water with a few drops each, tea tree essential oil, bergmot
essential oil and lavindin essential oil. Just a few drops of each oil.
EOs are very concentrated.
I also bought him some some kind of medicated powder. Gold Bond perhaps.
Bought some expensive liner socks and a nice pair of heavier socks ..all to
wick away to sweat.

He is a saddlemaker and works 10+ hours a day on a concrete floor. His
boots started killing his feet many years ago, so he started buying "ropers"
(with the small heel) and now, those Justin boot-shoe things... kind of like
what Ariat makes.

Growing up in a ranch community, I know what footwear served us best... I'm
just starting to go the market-farmer -gardener route. I wonder what kind
of boots (or shoes) you all find best serves this need?

Rosie..Black Hills..South Dakota