market-farming - Re: tone and substance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tone and substance
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:08:37 +0000

Rick Williams wrote:

> These are not necessarily my opinions on the main issue of late. I am
> primarily trying my best to explain the FB organization and how it works.
> When I try to keep it short I am criticized for not getting specific. When I
> get specific I have folks like you criticizing the amount of material:) It
> is not easy being in the middle sometimes.

I think the solution to this problem is that if you want to be
an advocate for the FB in your state, simply request that
people who are interested in the farm bureau contact you
off of the list. It is almost like you are spamming
the list with FB this, FB that.

Since it has been established that each FB is a different
organization with different local issues and goals, why
you persist in trying to sell your FB is beyond me. Don't
you get it? The rest of us just don't care.

As for you "being in the middle;" please remember
that you started many of the threads being discussed
with a wide variety of assertions presented as facts.
If people are beating up your posts and you take it
personally, don't whine about it.

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming