market-farming - Re: tone and substance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tone and substance
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:02:33 -0500

> When did this malicious tone creep into the list?

"These "side issues", such as the Farm Bureau exchanges, are as
important to me"

I see a huge difference between "side issues" as described by John and the
unpleasant, confrontational attitude being taken by Rick on this list right
now. Over the three and a half years I've subscribed to this list there
have been lots of comments I don't agree with but I just delete them - I
don't bore everyone with long, involved diatribes on my beliefs. I have
contacted people off list when I felt it was important but to drag this
discussion out day after day is becoming obnoxious and not what this list
has stood for in the past.

Like Willie - I'd love to hear some "end of market" comments from people.
What worked, what didnĀ¹t, what you're planning for next year, etc.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas