market-farming - Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Victor Jackowsky" <threelittlepigscm AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 00:10:56 -0500

>Rick Williams wrote:

> There was a farm family in the State of Washington who felt that the FB
was
> not the kind of organization that they would care for ... until they took
me
> up on it and went to a meeting and were surprised that the members were
> actual farmers like themselves. >

Rick,
In my neck of the woods, if you don't grow several thousand acres of cotton
and such, you 'ain't no farmer' to the FB. They don't have a clue about
vegetable farming, don't want to know, and they don't mind telling you.
Farming to them is cotton, soy, corn, rice and wheat. What we do is 'home
gardening' and we're on our own. Maybe most FB's aren't this way, but I'm
sure ours isn't the only one that is.

Pat
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: threelittlepigscm AT earthlink.net
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

---