market-farming - Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic industry vs. organic movement
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:41:39 -0400

I like that word - "hubris"! (Is it extreme to tell the truth? Hmmmm.)

And, no - I don't think the folks in VT want the money of the folks
outside the state. Visit the Northeast Kingdom (top of Vermont - the
earliest frost date in the contiguous 50 states), and you'll see what I
mean. A more self-sufficient people I've never met.

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160

* An organic farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas,
mustards, and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com

* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html

* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See web site for
details!