market-farming - Re: Lemon Balm & Fennel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: paul id <netdinrat AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lemon Balm & Fennel
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:49:42 -0700 (PDT)

don't try selling to Indian Restaurants..they will only buy the cheapest stuff and fennel can get pretty cheap.

The fennel is used (most in quantity).. in making with chai.. its a real delicate art to use fennel cardomom ginger and cinneman etc to brew a cup of chai;..

most people do not have the patience or connection with the quantities of the herbs to make a good cup of chai in the right mix.

pre mixed in small serving bags for thr  Indian restaurant clents or other newbies to the delights of chai.. may present a venue more likely to present a better market.

Especially organic if possible .. cuz u be boiling these herbs pretty harshly to extract flavors .. and it be real shame if phospahtes and such were making their way to the brew..

best wishes.

 Marienne Kreitlow wrote:

Robert Wrote:

> >Any ideas on what I should be doing with these two - how I should be
> selling them???

I've often thought of growing fennel and trying to market it to the Indian restaurants and stores, of which there are several in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Haven't done my
"market research" yet, but I'd like to hear if anyone has tried such a thing.

Jerry Ford
Hei-Low Farm
Howard Lake, MN

---
You are currently subscribed to as: netdinrat AT yahoo.com
leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines