market-farming - Re: Aspartame, and food approval as usual

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Aspartame, and food approval as usual
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:27:07 -0600

I had no idea honey could kill young children. I would like to hear more
about that!

A health food lady at services claimed that the refined nature of modern
sugar removes stuff that we need to process sugar in a way that won't cause
type II diabetes. She claimed her research showed that "natural" sugar was
no big deal since it had all the "trace" minerals.

Specifically the mineral chromium was mentioned.

I have researched this and have found that "authorities" waffle back and
forth, including government and associations associated with diabetes
health, and I can't get a secure answer. One month it's true and another
month it's discredited.

Marc...